Monday, April 23, 2012

seminyak villas cost? what should i pay?

Hi all we are travelling in August with two young children and would like to stay in a villa in Seminyak. Given the low Australian dollar the villas I have looked at are all around $450US+ Do I have expensive taste or is that the going rate? We are wanting to stay in a 4-5 star villa and was hoping to pay around $600AUD a night. Should I book direct or can someone recomend a booking site? thanks



seminyak villas cost? what should i pay?


Hi



I would suggest contacting the villas directly as the rates on websites are their rack rates and you can usually get a much better rate than the published rate. If you are looking to pay $600AUD you should get a 4-5 star villa - for the ++, some charge 11% govt tax and 10% service and some charge 11% govt tax and 5% service charge so that could make a little difference to the overall price.



seminyak villas cost? what should i pay?


Hi,





If you can wait off a few weeks we are travelling next week for 10 days. We are spending some time at a cheaper hotel in Legian, but finishing our holiday at ';The Dusun'; villas in Seminyak. They have received good reviews and if you check out their website they have specials and I think they were about $300US p/night (which seems to be more in your price range). When we get back I can let you know what the place is like if you like.





Cheers,





NJay




The problem you have is you are coming in the middle of High season - we call this the European invasion!





It is the holiday season for Europe and the USA (and also the major school holidays for all the private schools in SE Asia) Europeans with their Euros and the Americans with their dollars are used to and willing to pay top dollar... in the past anyway.. I don%26#39;t know what this year will be like with the recession and, if recent local attitudes here to the recession are an indicator of their strategy I would say they will put prices up - not down (strange logic!)





I would never usually recommend anyone to wait to book in August but I would say there will probably be some bargains to be had closer to the time as management realize the bookings aren%26#39;t coming as thick and fast as they thought.. My alternative advise would be to come a little later in Sept when the high season has finished but the weather is still good (although that is totally unpredictable lately also!)



Hope this helps!




thanks for your thoughts. I may wait till a little later before we book




Don%26#39;t worry about the high season issue. Last year at the end of July I had no problem finding a nice villa in Seminyak.





We were arriving in Bali with no reservations for the last 5 days of a long trip.





I carried phone numbers of a couple websites that listed various villas and apartments. These are basically agencies that represent smaller properties. From the Jakarta airport, waiting for the flight to Bali, I called one agency. I zeroed in on 2 properties--an apartment type place for US$80 and a 1 BR villa for US$125. The agent said he needed about 20 minutes to check availability. I called back in 20 minutes and got the villa. I only committed to one night, in case we didn%26#39;t like it.





Turned out fantastic, near JL Laksmana, breakfast included, private pool, outdoor bath, outdoor kitchen.





Not sure you%26#39;d want to wait till very last minute, but my point is not to assume everything will be full or that you%26#39;ll have to pay list price. With the economic slump, I assume this year%26#39;s ';peaks'; will be at least 10 percent off previous ones and there will be some nice deals.




Yes I definitely think high season will be quieter this year... something I should point out in regard to the last poster%26#39;s comments - 1 bedroom villas are not usually hard to come by any time of the year.. the most popular villas - i.e that get booked out first are the 3 bedrooms and then 2 bedroom..





You don%26#39;t say how young your children are but something to keep in mind too is there are no building codes here in relation to %26#39;child safe%26#39; environments.. and in fact most villas are quite the opposite rather hazardous ! You will need to be vigilant in keeping an eye on them..






Well hello love the name, hi im a mother of 4 and my Husband and I are staying in a villa in Seminyak in May t is 150oz a night and like me expensive taste but as you say the US dollar has made 3500 accommodation now almost 6000 for 2 weeks. .so thats how I found my villa for 2 weeks its cost us 2100 ill find the mail address and send it to you you will love it Don%26#39;t get ripped off by the 600 a night villas also go on ebay there are villas advertised on there in oz dollars as well but of course mine%26#39;s the Best haha ok email address is http://www.sanityinbali.synthasite.com/and i know that the 1st to the 8th is not booked yet there are always villas advertised in the Sunday Times




man i lack ...,,,, dont i, i payed in Oz dollarshope you can translate




By the way its a 3 bedroom 3 bathroom villa with transfers cook if needed, and pool and most important for us girls shops and kids TV




thanks will try ebay too!

No comments:

Post a Comment