Monday, April 23, 2012

Can I take nurofen plus to Bali without a script?

I take nurofen plus for the last 2 years every 2nd or 3rd day for serious abdominal pain. Saw a gonacolagist about a year ago and he advised me to just keep taking the nurofen plus till I decide to have surgery. Anyway I dont have a script as its otc but the chemist puts a tag on them with my name and address. Would that do just having sticker from chemist with name etc on it??

Can I take nurofen plus to Bali without a script?

Hi mel,

Its fine to take. I have taken nurofen with me everytime Ive been to Bali . You cannot take any medications that contains pseuodoephedrine.

Cheers

Cindy

Can I take nurofen plus to Bali without a script?

You can buy really really good cold tablets over the counter for colds and flu that contain pseudoephedrine at a fraction of the cost in Australia. They are very effective.


i always take nurofen to bali and don%26#39;t have any script or label from the chemist as you don%26#39;t require them for nurofen or paracetemol. just leave them in the original packaging.


You can actually even buy the higher does nuerofen here over the counter... you don%26#39;t need a prescription for ANY medication that is available here.. at all.. just ask for what you want!

What is the brand of cold/flu tablets you use here Ilab? (This is one thing I haven%26#39;t been able to find here.. and always seem to get a cold in the rainy season after travelling..)


Hi Brigid

The cold tablets are called Decolgen FX - you buy them in a sheet of 10 tablets - make sure you get the ones in the sheet as they are stronger than the ones you can buy in a packet of 4.

I did ask at the pharmacy in Bali about tablets with codeine in them as I get terrible headaches and codeine works for me and she told me that I had to get a prescription but that it is available in Bali.

Cheers


Yes, Codeine is in a family of drugs that are frowned upon in Indonesia so not surprised that you need a script for anything containing it. Hence why you have to be careful taking in drugs like Mersyndol and Panadeine. Not sure if the plus in Nurafen Plus is codiene, so look at the ingredients of the tablets on the pack and if it is codiene, take them in their original packaging wiht the chemists label on it and maybe play safe and get a letter from your doctor.


Nurofen plus does contain codeine so you may want to be careful... I just had a letter from my doctor for bringing Nurofen just in case

  • wireless mouse
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment