Thursday, April 19, 2012

Ubud bike tour and cultural walks

We are spending a few days in Ubud in May. I would like to book a bike tour for partner (v. experienced bike rider, but not particularly fit at the moment). Suggestions and contact details would be really appreciated.





I have read about guided cultural walks in the area taken by priests does anyone have contact details for these?





Thank you to all the recent posts on restaurants in Ubud. This information is now saved in our trip folder.





Ubud bike tour and cultural walks


We did a biking tour while in Ubud last week. Our guide%26#39;s name was Nyoman and he worked for Bike Baik. He was very good and would highly recommend him. He can be reached at nyomansukayasa@yahoo.com or the company%26#39;s website is balibike.com.



Ubud bike tour and cultural walks


Hi,





We plan on doing a bike tour down Kintamani on our next visit, a couple of the companies I%26#39;ve been looking at are Sobek %26amp; Bali Bintang Tours. Both have good reviews here on the forum. if you email them they may give you a better price than on their website.





www.balibintangtour.com





www.balisobek.com





If you type cycling tours in the search box above your post you%26#39;ll get links to posts re cycling tours as other companies have been recommended but I can%26#39;t remember the names.





Ursie




Hi I can recommend the cyling tour - with countryside tours email- wayanbudiana2000@yahoo.com, or best to call on 0011 62 81337178309. I have taken several trips with this small local group. The ride from Kitamani down to Ubud is worthwhile, also enquire about riding in Sidemen or a drive to Munduk.





enjoy your time in Ubud




Thanks for the tips



I have been trying to find info on www.baliecocycling.com but the web site is down, I note that doing a search I found a post about this company in Jan 09.



I have also found this site http://c-bali.com/home.html which looks really interesting.




did this trip in april 08. it was great.





Bike eco downhill 275 000 adult 200 000 child rups





www.baliecocycling.com




soory this is the site that is down.





anyway, it is easy to book in ubud at tour ageny opposite casa luna or ring them direct when u r there.





trip included pick up at hotal, view of volcano, drive to start of ride, visit house, temple, school, rice field and finished with lunch and drive back to hotel. rode along quiet roads and kids yelled out hello (flash back to bali early 80%26#39;s. there was a back a van (aircon) and truck if there was a problem. RT




Thanks Rockterrigal - just the tip I was after.




Hi Annaroo





We did the C.Bali tour last year and have booked again, cannot wait. It is a real cultural tour, we found out so much about traditional bali life.





My boyfriend is a photographer and he cant wait to get back to the area. I cant wait to get back to see those little children again.





You cycle, but you walk through the village, learning so much and meeting the people, we even visited a school, they weren%26#39;t in class but we got to see the classrooms etc.





I am not fit, and they can pick up from Ubud. Its a long day, you canoe as well, but really great value.





I don%26#39;t know about any others as we are doing this one again.




Hi Annaroo





We did the C.Bali tour last year and have booked again, cannot wait. It is a real cultural tour, we found out so much about traditional bali life.





My boyfriend is a photographer and he cant wait to get back to the area. I cant wait to get back to see those little children again.





You cycle, but you walk through the village, learning so much and meeting the people, we even visited a school, they weren%26#39;t in class but we got to see the classrooms etc.





I am not fit, and they can pick up from Ubud. Its a long day, you canoe as well, but really great value.





I don%26#39;t know about any others as we are doing this one again.




I thought the C.bali looked really interesting - it is good to hear from someone who has done this excursion.



We are also spending some time in Kuta before and after days in Ubud so will see how this fits in.



I work in education so was particularly interested in a school visit. I will now contact C.bali direct and see what extras I pack for them. I was thinking of some Maths books and teaching resources.

No comments:

Post a Comment