Friday, April 13, 2012

Unlikely Lizard Accomodations

We plan to spend 4-5 nights in Ubud during late May-early June.We%26#39;re hoping to spend about US$100-200 a night.





Based on the (much-appreciated) reviews and comments, I feel there are a lot of great smaller hotels that would really convey a sense of Bali. However, my wife says that if she sees a lizard on the wall of our bedroom or bathroom, I can find her at the airport an hour later.





I%26#39;m wondering if anyone has stayed at a hotel they loved where the design or construction of the unit or villa reduces the chance of sharing a bathroom with a scaly friend?





I understand that the tropics and lizards go together, but am hoping that I don%26#39;t have to decide between Bali and my wife.





Thanks in advance--David



Unlikely Lizard Accomodations


The so-called lizards in bali are geckos and are usally very small and completely harmless. In fact I lvoe seeing them and hearing their gecko noise. I don%26#39;t think your wife will have any trouble with them as they really are very tiny. I feel they add to the atmosphere of the tropics! I hope your wife never visits Australia, because we have some really big lizards!!!!



Unlikely Lizard Accomodations


And geckos are great for eating the mosquitoes and other small bugs. You really WANT them to be in your room as they will reduce the amount of chemicals you may have use to get rid of the mossies.





Besides geckos are cute to look at.




It%26#39;s not only Bali where you find the room geckos; have found them all over Asia apart from the big hotels in the big cities.





As mentioned, they%26#39;re harmless and keep the bugs at bay. But I can understand it if your wife is reluctant to share a room with it. No easy way to get rid of them unfortunately; to do so would involve running around your room on an evening, armed with a bath towel with which to coax it down the wall to the door, your wife ready to open the door to let it out. As someone who has actually done this, it%26#39;s quite a good workout, they%26#39;re quick little buggers.




Noodles I had no idea you were such a sook....leave the poor geckos alone....what%26#39;s he ever done to you.




Sook? Isn%26#39;t that an arabic market?





Alas, the long suffering Mrs Noodles also doesn%26#39;t like creatures in the room, so I can empathise with Acercher. No amount of saying ';They%26#39;re harmless'; or ';They%26#39;re more afraid of you'; can calm the situation. So most holidays I%26#39;m like one of the Ghostbusters when it comes to disposing of creatures (harmlessly of course).





Who ya gonna call?




Tell your wife there is pleasure in watching these tiny creatures and they can not hurt her.



It%26#39;s said if you hear a Gecko call more than seven times it%26#39;s good luck.



Gecko watching is fun too. They defy gravity and can walk on ceilings walls and anything really.



Sometimes, when the Geckos get together they chase each other in circles all around. It%26#39;s very amusing and not at all frightening, they are not like spiders or bats and they are really not scaly.



She is going to see them everywhere they don%26#39;t have a preference for hotels :) :)




I actually have a pet gecko. He lives in my pantry (it%26#39;s a big walk-in thing) and therefore I never have pantry moths (which are a real problem here in tropic Australia, especially this summer). So I love them. The only other way to get rid of Pantry moths is a sticky trap thingy which is as ugly as, and not very hygenic IMO.




What%26#39;s he called?




Gary, gary the gecko.




You thought I was going to say Gordon, didn%26#39;t you?


  • eye makeup
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment