Wednesday, April 18, 2012

poco loco resturant- is it still around?

just wanted to see if Poco Loco mexican resturant was still operating? been 8 yrs since I have been there, still remember it as being a great place to eat.



poco loco resturant- is it still around?


We just returned from Bali and walked past Poco Locos a few times during the day. We usually eat there on when visiting Bali, it certainly looked as if it was still operational.



Cheers



Deb



poco loco resturant- is it still around?


Unfortunately the food and drinks have been overpriced and pretty awful for 4 years at least.




Yes Poco Loco is still there, but it%26#39;s not as good as it used to be. For me the best Mexican restaurant is TJ%26#39;s in Poppies 1, Kuta. Great food, great cocktails, a beautiful garden and water settind and friendly staff.




Hi





I have to agree with Elizabeth. Poco Loco is pretty awful. We were in Bali 3 weeks ago and had one of the best Mexican%26#39;s we have had in years at TJ%26#39;s. The Fajitas were awesome and the margaritas are the best. Hope this helps.




Hi



We went there in December. The food was good, as always. Sadly, due to the alcohol shortage etc, the margaritas were way too expensive. Most patrons we noticed stuck to beer/soft drinks. We only saw one table have those tequila shooters and one jug of margaritas in the time we were there.



I don%26#39;t know if the alcohol problems have been sorted yet.



cheers



wendy




Hi there,



Sorry have to agree I was so looking forward to going to this restaurant when we went last July and it ended up being our least favourite of all..There was 12 of us in total out for tea and except for two had a horrible meal..Go a while before you are ready to eat as we waited ages and ages..Some of the meals were stone cold in the middle..



It might of been a bad night for them..




I haven%26#39;t been to Poco Loco but I agree with the other posters about TJ%26#39;s. It was great when we were in Bali last year and can%26#39;t wait to have another meal there when we return to Bali later this year. Hope the margeritas aren%26#39;t too expensive now, I guess its one way to enforce responsible drinking !!




ok then it will be TJ%26#39;s for me. which is better anyway as closer to hotel for me. thanks for all your posts.




It%26#39;s interesting what everyone is saying about TJ%26#39;s.



Does anyone know if it has changed management at all?





My husband and I ate there,admittedly about 14 years ago, whilst on our honeymoon. We should have left when we saw the water rats but were silly enough to eat. Needless to say, I spent the rest of our honeymoon very ill.





I would love to give it another try when we go to Bali in October, but would be reluctant if I knew it was under the same management.




I have no idea whether TJ%26#39;s has changed management, but I can assure you that I have been eating there for years and have never seen a rat, nor have I nor any of my family been sick from eating at TJs. Give it another try, I%26#39;m sure you will be happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment