Friday, April 13, 2012

Borobudur day trip from Nusa Dua

I am considering staying in Nusa Dua in July and would like to see Borobudur if possible. Are there day trips from the major hotels in Nusa Dua (i.e. Club Med) for a day trip and how much would it cost? Is it worth the trouble to see it in 1 day from Nusa Dua? I%26#39;m assuming it would include a flight to and from Borobudur. Thanks for any helpful information.

Borobudur day trip from Nusa Dua

I suppose it is possible to have a day trip to Borobudur from Nusa Dua (Bali). Mind you it will involve two flights of about 1 hour and fifteen minutes each way. You will have to incorporate the time it takes for the land transport. E.g.: I checked Garuda schedule as follows:

- Denpasar (Bali) 12:10 pm - Yogyakarta (Borobudur) 12:20 pm (there is a time difference between Bali and Yogyakarta).

- Yogyakarta 7.20 pm - Denpasar 9.35 pm.

- This will allow you about 5 hours in Yogyakarta, which I think is sufficient to see Borobudur.

- You can contact the major hotels to engage you with reliable tour providers who will be able to arrange this trip for you. Unfortunately I don%26#39;t know what the cost is.

- I checked the ticket cost it is approximately $200.

Yogyakarta is an amazing tourist destination by itself, personally I would provide more than a day there myself. If you have more time in Indonesia, I suggest that you stay for a couple of nights there to see the palaces, the other big temples (Prambanan), etc.

Happy traveling!

Borobudur day trip from Nusa Dua

Last time we were in Bali, we did a day trip to Yogyakarta, arranged through a travel agent in Sanur.

It included transfers from the hotel %26amp; back, flights, guide and driver for the day.

We flew early morning and returned home late, about 10 or 11 hours there.

It cost us 拢215 for both of us, September 2007.

Borobudur is stunning, one of the most amazing places I%26#39;ve ever seen, but you should also visit Prambanan:

yogyes.com/en/鈥?/a>

If you%26#39;ve got the time, I%26#39;d do it as a 2 day trip.

But if you%26#39;re tight on time, I%26#39;d say it was worth doing for the day.


I suppose you could do it, but its a wasted opportunity.

The best way to see Bobodudur is to visit at sunrise, and watch the sun rise over Merapi. Its stunning.

An overnight at the Amanjiwo is perfect. Keep in mind the Amanjiwo is quite expensive, but perhaps one of the best resort hotels in the world.


Amanjiwo just raised its price to USD 1000 a night. Yikes!!!

If you are staying overnight for the sunrise, there%26#39;s the Manohara Hotel which is in the grounds of the Borobodur.You will be able to see the sunrise and visit Borobodur before the hordes of tourist get there. And yes, it will be a pity if you just breeze through Jogja.

The Prambanan temple is well worth the time and again, a pity if you miss it.


Thanks to everyone who responded. This is very helpful in deciding and planning my itin. It also has confirmed my desire to see Borobudur and now I%26#39;ll investigate Prambanan. Thanks again.


All of your responses have helped me decide to change my itinerary to stay for 2 or 3 nights in Yogyakarta to see Borobudur and Prambanan and other sites. Let me know if anyone knows of a good guide or tour company to see these sites from a hotel in Yogyakarta. Thanks again!


WSJ reporter Patrick Barta filed a report today on Bodobudur which includes some low cost accommodation alternatives suggestions.

鈥sj.com/article/SB123723865832847043.html鈥?/a>

I would cross check his suggestions against TA reviews -- sometimes the reporters don%26#39;t actually use the places they suggest.

  • emo hair
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment