Friday, April 13, 2012

What time do shops close

Hi we will be arriving in Bali 10.05 pm next Monday (counting down now) just wondering if there will be any shops open at this time so we can get supplies. Not sure how long it will take us to get thru airport, staying in Tuban. Would like to be able to get water %26amp; coffee supplies, cant get moving in the morning till ive had my coffee.

Thanks Jan

What time do shops close

Something will be open, but perhaps take instant coffee with you if that is what you need. If you want milk it will be UHT so perhaps take some with you as well. I don%26#39;t think there will be a problem taking coffee in but I am not so sure about the milk although it should be ok if only a small quantity. Use it as a back up to your plan to find a shop at almost midnight.

Cheers,

David

What time do shops close

What hotel are you staying at? Many have tea/ coffee in rooms.


I always take a container of coffee, a mug and powdered creamer as I dont like UHT milk and there is never enough supplied by the hotel to get me going in the morning. Never had any problem taking it in and just pack it all in my case.


Hi

I have just bought a small jar of coffee to take with me, we are staying at Febris. Dont like powered milk only full cream (but may have to make do until get to shops next day) will they have bottled water in the rooms? Also have got a bottle of red cordial, few different comments on this, do i drink it as a preventative or only if i get bali belly? Hoping all this is ok to pack in suitcase none have been opened.

Jan


I can%26#39;t see this being a problem.

While the supermarkets may well not be open at this time (I think Hardy%26#39;s closed at 9???) there are lots of convenience stores that you will be able to get the basics at.


Hi again Jan, the raspberry cordial needs to be rasberry juice cordial with at least 25% raspberry juice. You can get it at wollworths or coles. I get the cascade brand in a glass bottle and decant it into a plastic one to take over. If memory servse me right you have 10 ml a day as a preventative. I dilute it and just sip on it as apposed to taking a dose of 10ml but it is a personel choice. Others also recommend Yakult or similar products taken for a few days before you leave and then each day there. Others also suggest just using hand sanitser and being careful. Also creamer is different to powdered milk. YOu get it near the coffee section in the supermarket and it is what a lot of the hotels provide instead of uht milk which I hate. I havent seen full cream milk at the the stores but that doesnt mean it isnt available just that I dont remember seeing it. I would love to know if you can get it there as my daughter drinks about a litre aday and would rather her have that than soft drink.


Thanks for the replys must say im a bit surprised at what you can take over. It would be great to take a bottle of milk with me lol! Im packed and ready to go, this time next week....watch out....

I will check out my bottle of rasberry not sure of % of juice, have gastrostop, electrolyte replacement, aqium hand wash, antibiotics i think im well covered.

I will also see what kind of milk is available in Bali

Thanks again

Jan

Already setting up next trip in June

  • handling exceptions
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment