Friday, April 13, 2012

Bali and/or Lombok

I am confused. I have 2-3 weeks and was thinking about Bali in November 2009. I was in Asia for the first time last November (Thailand/Cambodia/HK) and I loved everything - the nice people, the great food and the prices. I thought I should try Bali, but I do not know anyone who has been there. In my research I also saw Lombok - sounds wonderful. OK - I LOVE the beach (need sand), I scuba dive, and I dance. I hate crowds of drunken tourists and never travel at high season. I will be a woman alone, so I want safe. I do not like large resorts and usually stay at 3 star places, clean and comfortable at a good price. I am willing to pay for safety but I am just as happy getting something for around $25.00 per night if it is clean. In Bali I saw that Candi Dasa and Tulamben are good for diving, but not the best sand beaches. The best beaches seem to be full of party animals. I want to sun tan on the beach or dive during the day in a quiet and safe resort where I will meet other 30+ travelers, and maybe have the option to dance at night (ANY MUSIC). I do not want to stay in more than two or three hotels once I get there, so I do not want a tour! I would like to find the perfect spot for the entire trip or at maximum two spots.

I have nobody to ask and with all of the different opinions on Tripadvisor - I am just confused.

What areas are most recommended for someone who is fairly well travelled (not too fussy)? Will these areas have diving, sand and dancing but not too many drunks? What are the best deals on resorts in those areas (clean and safe - good price a bonus)?

Should I spend a week in Bali and one in Lombok? Canada is a long way to come and be disappointed. Thank you for any advice you can supply!

Bali and/or Lombok

Just wanted to add I can also go in October or December - whatever is recommended as the best time. I love HOT weather and don%26#39;t mind some rain each day - just not two weeks solid of rain - that would be a disappointment!

  • eye makeup
  • i near a way to run mac within window
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment