Friday, April 13, 2012

Some 10-12 days in Bali- help needed

Dear Bali experts,





I intend to spend close to 2 weeks in Bali in late June-early July. Need some help on planning this, as I have NEVER been to Indonesia.





I have heard of Ubud and Kuta areas. I am a single man (39 yrs), and I am interested in nature, food, drinks, watersports, arts, music etc.





Will be obliged if you let me know the follg:





1. Where should I aim at staying (within USD 100 a night max)? I will prefer to stay somewhere very close to the beach (and have some quiet), and close to the nighlife as well.





2. What sort of weather will I have at that time? Is it warm? I see some villas talk about fan cooled rooms, so does that mean no AC? Will that be comfortable?





3. Best way to go to #1 from airport, and cost?





4. Best way to move around within Bali, and cost?





5. WOuld you suggest I spend a week in Bali, and spend a week somewhere else in Indonesia? Grateful for your suggestions.





THanks a lot!



Some 10-12 days in Bali- help needed


If you%26#39;re wanting nightlife, I%26#39;m inclined to suggest Legian. You%26#39;re not in the heart of Kuta, but you%26#39;re near enough if you want to get a taxi. If you stay in somewhere like the Kumala Pantai (well within your budget), you%26#39;re also not far from Jalan Double Six in Seminyak for the bar scene there.





It will be warm in June/July, expect about 85 degrees and some humidity. I personally prefer AC to a fan, sometimes you need the fan on full blast and it%26#39;s too noisy to sleep.





Best way to get to Legian would be taxi; when you arrive at the airport and clear customs, turn right at the exit and you%26#39;ll see a fixed price taxi counter. Pay your money there and follow the taxi driver to his car. I%26#39;d expect to pay about 70000Rp to Legian (perhaps someone else can confirm).





Best way to move around Bali depends if you want a tour, or just to go from A to B. If the latter, any of the transport touts who approach you on the street are good for ferrying you around. If you get a taxi, make sure you get a Bluebird cab which is metered. Otherwise you%26#39;ll end up haggling.





Since you%26#39;re spending so much time in Bali, I%26#39;d maybe consider spending 4-5 days in Legian, then heading inland to Ubud for 4-5 days, maybe finish with some time in Sanur?

No comments:

Post a Comment