Monday, April 16, 2012

almost there !

Hi all





well our trip so far has been quite interesting .





we are nearly on our last leg of the journey which is bali .





I%26#39;m sure i have missed out on a lot from TA while i have been gone , but sorry to say as much as i like coming on TA , ide rather be soaking up the cocktails and the sun , by the pool ! LOL





we will be in bali next week and i really am looking forward to .





After being in phuket april last year , to now , i have to say , prices have doubled or tripled ...it is much more sleezy than last last year , no-one wants to bargain with you , prices are rediculous compared to bangkok and chiang mai ( double ) even the tuk tuks have doubled in price for a lousy 200 meter ride !





Give me BALI anyday ......I wont be back to phuket !





hopefully that little bit of info will help othere that might be tossing up where to go .





will chat when i return !





hope all you regulars are behaving yourselves and are all well .





cheers



batt



almost there !


Hey Batt...Now that I%26#39;m working in the Travel Industry I thought I should broaden my horizons and head to Phuket instead this year. However, after reading your comments about Phuket, I%26#39;m thinking that I might just head back to Ubud instead.





Can%26#39;t wait to hear about all your adventures when you get back. Keep enjoying your holiday.... speak to you soon.





Cheers.... Princi62



almost there !


your holiday is going so quickly. i enjoyed phuket when i was there, i did find some things more expensive than bali. keep on having fun!




MISSING you............TA wouldn%26#39;t let me put it all in capitals.




The forum has been so dull and quiet lately! We are all behaving ourselves apparently. Nice to have a word from you.




Have a blast in Bali Batt. Don%26#39;t drink all the alcohol though, I%26#39;m going over in May and would like to have a drink myself when I get there!!




Hi Batt, have to agree with you about Phuket,we went there in 2005,%26#39;06 %26#39;07 as well as other parts of Thailand,we will go back to Thailand but not Phuket for similar reasons as you, instead we went to Bali twice in 2008 (and once to Hawaii,very exxy $$$) and are going back to Bali again in May, much better value .




Hi Batt,



Friends had said Phuket had changed and was really expensive to the last time they went. I thought it may have something to do with our dollar going down, maybe I was wrong. Maybe they think they can cash in on us Aussies. I had been there 3 times and the last time I said not again because I thought it was so sleazy and I don%26#39;t really like seeing it in my face!!! wherever you went. Give me Bali anytime now!! Although prices for accomodation seem to have been hiked up this year too. Am still looking at going though.





Look forward to seeing your post soon.



Take care and have fun.



WCE




HI Batt



Hope you are all over your colds. Give me Bali any day as well, I didnt think much of Phuket. Enjoy the rest of your holiday.







Cheers



Cindy




Did I mention I just came back from Thailand too ;)





Very expensive compared to Bali, as much as I love the beaches there, I won%26#39;t be back for a while, or until the exchange rate improves. ';Better bang for your buck in Bali'; (copyright 2009 Noodles Inc).





Look forward to your JBR Batt. Can%26#39;t wait to hear if you managed to find something decent to eat in Hong Kong, other than chickens feet, pigs intestines or strange flattened cold chicken in chicken jelly.

No comments:

Post a Comment