Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Afordable Family Accomodation in Ubud

Hi, I am going to Ubud in July and would like to find a nice simple place for a family of 4.



Villa Kerti Yasa has a family villa advertised at a reasonable price but I cannot find any guest reviews or testimonials anywhere on the web.



Has anyone stayed at this place or heard about it?



Can anyone recommend other places around Ubud at a reasonable price for a family?



Thanks.



Afordable Family Accomodation in Ubud


How much do you want to pay? Depending on your budget, I can probably give you some good recommendations.



Afordable Family Accomodation in Ubud


Thanks for your posting - Villa Kerti Yasa is offering a family Villa (2 bedrooms) for 55 $US



If this place is reasonable I am happy to pay that.



Tiing Gading Bungalows is offering a Family Villa for 75 $US and that is OK too if its a reasonable place.



I am also happy to pay a bit more for a good friendly place. I am not looking for anything fancy, just an honest reasonable place.




Try Honeymoon Guesthouse in Jalan Bisma just a few minutes walk to the main street. The guesthouse and its sister property Second Honeymoon (across the road) are owned and run by an Aussie ex-pat Janet de Neefe and her Balinese husband Ketut. The couple and their four children live on site. I cannot recommend the guesthouse enough! The tropical gardens are magnificent, there is a big, saltwater pool, beautiful rooms with four-poster beds and marble bathrooms, fabulous food courtesy of Janet%26#39;s restaurant Casa Luna (in the main street) and lovely, friendly staff. It%26#39;s in a great location, you can walk everywhere. Janet also conducts a world renowned cooking school Casa Luna Cooking school from the guesthouse which is fantastic! You can email them at casaluna@indosat.net.id You can also check out their great website, just google Honeymoon Guesthouse Ubud Bali.




Thank you, looks great, much appreciated. I have contacted the Honeymoon Guesthouse throught email and website, hopefully its not too late to book.





Do you know a good lace to stay near the beach at the south?



INot in or near Kuta, maybe Sanur? or Nusa Duha?




I know a great hotel in the south, but it%26#39;s not at Sanur or Nusa Dua. I don%26#39;t like Nusa Dua as it%26#39;s a massive tourist enclave full of five-star hotels - not at all what I call the real Bali. Sanur is very nice, quiet, family friendly, but I don%26#39;t stay there so can%26#39;t recommend anywhere. I usually stay at Legian at the very popular Kumala Pantai Hotel. It%26#39;s very family friendly, right on the beach, has two massive pools, beautiful gardens and a great beachfront restaurant where they serve breakfast. it%26#39;s near lots of great restaurants, shops and spas. You can email them at kumalapt@indosat.net.id




Thank you I will check it out.





I have received an email back from the Honeymoon Guesthouse but it came from casalunaubud@gmail.com not from the email you gave and which I used to send the original query. Is this email legitimate?



Also they asked me to provide credit details by fax or phone but when I tried calling the phone number the have on the web site they keep disconnecting me as soon as I as for Reservations?



How did you book?






I have boooked the Honeymoon Guesthouse for May and gave my visa number in an e-mail. Must admit it is the first and only time I have given out the details in an e-mail. So far so good. No repercussions . They really only want it to charge a nights accomodation if a ';no show';



There is one review for Kerti Yasa on trip advisor bit it is a shocker. Kind of makes you wonder if it is a legit one as it is a first post as well.



I think the e-mail address you recieved info from is more than likely ok, especially if it was in reply to your correspondance. I am looking forward to my visit to HG for my family of 4 also.



We booked the interconnecting family rooms. Hope you get something you are happy with too.



Wendy




to help you with accommodation choices at the beach here are some budget places in sanur to check out.



sanur beach villas, stana puri gopa, palm garden hotel, pondok ayu, villa puri ayu.



also check out these 2. besakih hotel, it is beach front and has a good beach front pool or Tamukami, but both MAY be more than you wish to pay. good for comparison. sanur is a good choice and better for a family rather than nusa dua.




Thank you Wendy, I have managed to call them last night and secure two rooms (Arajuna A + B) for 5 nights. Those rooms are connected through a shared balcony so I hope it will be ok with our boys. Good luck in May and please don%26#39;t send credit card information by email, if you must do it by fax, phone or secure website.





And thank you SnookysTravelTips, I will check those places today.





Regards to all Erez.

No comments:

Post a Comment