Thursday, April 19, 2012

Tegal Sari, is there any nightlife?

Hi, I%26#39;ve read such good things about Tegal Sari apart that is, from the lack of late night amusement. Although a little too jaded (I am 45 after all!) to class myself as a party animal, I am fond of a bar or two whilst on holiday, am I simply looking in the wrong place? I will be alone in Bali for a month in October so I thought a week to unwind in Ubud seemed like a good idea, watchareckon? Regards Phil. P.S. It%26#39;s still raining in London, can%26#39;t wait!



Tegal Sari, is there any nightlife?


Ubud is quiet at night but there are restaurants that offer music and entertainment







These central places cater to the Ubud night owls.





Angsoka



A tiny little bar next to the Terazo Restaurant, where anything could happen. No crowds and a very intermate atmosphere on Jl Suweta, Ubud.





Ary%26#39;s Warung



Old time favourite with a hint of Jazz located in the main drag, open till late.





Barandi



Want to try a lychee martini? Thursday nights bring live music which draws a bubbly crowd of expats, locals and tourists.





Exiles



Jl Pengosekan Kaja. Live music 9pm - 12pm.





Funky Monkey



Monkey Forest Road open daily from 11.00 - 1.00am. Great music from Latin funk with a hint of blues.





Jazz Cafe



A real hit in Ubud. The live music is always good with quality drinks. Live music is nightly except Sundays %26amp; Monday 7.30-10.30pm. Jl Sukma No.2 Tebesaya-Ubud.





Naughty Nuri%26#39;s



Balinese Warung with a touch of New York. a restaurant with bar...they make a mean martini!





Putra Bar



Casual bar, with live reggae music. Good place to hang out if you cant be bothered dressing up. Open until 12pm. Jl Monkey Forest Ubud.





Sai Sai Bar



Monkey Forest Road, the Queen of Decadence has been let loose here. This is a happening place great food and entertainment.





Terazo



For a bite to eat or just to sample a few cocktails at the bar. A very stylish eatery with cool music and great food situated on Jl Suweta-Ubud.





Wunderbar



With a unique and brightly coloured design, delicious food and well stocked bar. Check it out for yourself.



Tegal Sari, is there any nightlife?


Linda52, your a star! I had visions of being tucked up in bed at 10pm for the first week of my hol%26#39;s (yeah right, asif!), so your very prompt reply has set my mind at ease. Now all I need is Tegal Sari to reply and say they are able to accommodate me in October and all is well, apart that from the weather here in London...So what%26#39;s new! Kind Regards Phil.




If Tegal Sari do say they have a room for you in October, I would email them a couple of weeks in advance of your going, to reconfirm the booking.



My Operations Manager has just returned from Bali and had 3 nights booked at the Tegal Sari at the start of his trip. I saw him make the booking directly from the hotels website, I saw him print out the confirmation email, but when they arrived there, they had no record of his booking. They were able to get them a room at the property next door, which was just as good apparantly, but a bit of disappointment to me as I had recommended the hotel to him.




I never did find any nightlife near Tegal Sari, there are a handful of restaurants nearby. A word of caution about Arys Warung, you may need to sell one of your kidneys or take out a small bank loan in order to drink there. I found drinks there to be more expensive than back here in the UK.





Nomad on Jalan Raya Ubud has a nice little bar area. And you can generally just head into any restaurant and just order drinks, I quite like Ibu Rai or the Cinta Bar and Grill (both on Monkey Forest Road) for this.




Hey Linda, i went looking for the Putra Bar in July of last year as I was last there in 2004 and it was absolutely brilliant. Unfortunately it closed down about 18 months ago and no longer exists.





However, just near Lamak restaurant on Monkey Forest Road there is a bar/restaurant (open air) and I can%26#39;t remember the name of it, but it has a brilliant Reggae band which plays a couple of nights a week and they are fantastic.





Cheers... Princi62




Reggae band at Cafe Labong on Tuesday, Friday and Sunday night. A real buzz! Food average but drinks good. 9pm to a bit after midnight depending onb crowd etc.





The name ';La Bong'; says a lot! LOL





Regards,





David




Definitely recomend the Jazz Cafe. Beware though, lots of places do close about 11pm. The owners have an uneasy understanding with the local village heads to keep the noise level manageable. Better to plan the overnight partying in Seminyak or Double Six.




Hi, I%26#39;m getting the feeling reading these posts that Ubud is prehaps a little too quiet for me, 3-4 day%26#39;s maybe instead of 7. We shall see...Regards Phil.




It really is horses for courses with Ubud. 3-4 days there and I would be bored senseless but friends on this forum would spend their entire holiday there. I would suggest 3-4 days for your first trip. You can always stay longer next time if you find you like it.




Once again I would have to agree with the very sensible Whinnie! 3-4 days would be enough for me too!

No comments:

Post a Comment