Friday, April 13, 2012

Help with hotel choice Besakih, Inna Sindhu or La Taverna?

Hi



I can%26#39;t decide between Besakih beach resort, Inna Sindhu beach or La Taverna, any help from people who have stayed at any of these hotels, or viewed them would be much appreciated.



Nat





Help with hotel choice Besakih, Inna Sindhu or La Taverna?


Besakih has a smashing beachfront pool, but when I walked through the grounds, it just seemed to be some 2 storey blocks, nothing that special. Haven%26#39;t stayed there.





I%26#39;ve stayed in La Taverna twice, in the standard and superior garden rooms. They are very basic but have a certain scruffy charm. No TV, you%26#39;re lucky to get a mirror in the room, bathrooms are clean but feel old. But, when you get past that, it%26#39;s a good hotel; lovely manicured grounds, nice pool, friendly staff, nice food, distinctly Balinese feel to the architecture, and an excellent location. Beach outfront is always well maintained, clean, modern comfortably sunbeds, and no hassle from the hawkers until you leave that bit of the beach. Very security conscious hotel too.



Help with hotel choice Besakih, Inna Sindhu or La Taverna?


The Inna Sindhu Beach is an older, motel style lowrise building without much character and I don%26#39;t think it has a pool. Its on a side road at the northern end of the beach.





La Taverna has just redone the front of the hotel and they were working on the beachside restaurant last week and it looks great. Everything looks new and shiny! Lots of new sunbeds on the beach. A few photos here.



鈥ebshots.com/photo/2386201480013752363hNASna





Besakih was also working on the front of the hotel last week, new fence and landscaping taking place.




hi i have just returned from staying at the besakih hotel and absolutely loved it. the pool was beautiful and staff amazing with a hearty complimentary breakfast. the best location in my opinion and the grounds are beautiful!! i know where i would stay-Besakih all the way




I must agree with Franipanigirl about the Inna Sindhu. It is operated by the Indonesian Government and is empty for about 90% of the year and then completely over run with Indonesian Government officials for the other 10%.



This is sad because it has a wonderful beachfront location, a large grassed area at the front and with a small bit of work could be turned into a great hotel.



I walk past it at least twice a week and wonder about the under-use of this wonderful location. From the front of this hotel you can see Mount Agung, Lembongan Island and sometimes across to Lombok however the place is mostly forlorn and deserted.




Thank%26#39;s guy%26#39;s, you are all fantastic to get back to me so soon. I have been doing my head in trying to find a nice place to stay on Sanur beach.(within my budget)



I think I will stay at La Taverna for my holiday in June with my mum.(first holiday away without the kid%26#39;s) Then I will be returning to bali with my family at Christmas, and I think I will choose the Besakih for the great pool scene, %26amp; I think the kid%26#39;s will enjoy the pet cat%26#39;s, dog%26#39;s and turtles that they have there also.



Thanks for your great imput.



Cheers



Natalie

No comments:

Post a Comment